Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hands on Learning: The series

So I know you've heard it from me before, but I am all about hands on, multi-sensory learning! Learning should be fun, exploratory, child led and get you a little dirty at times! So in the interest of this, I've decided to post ideas on how to teach things in a hands on, multi-sensory way.

If you are not sure what I mean by multi-sensory, let me explain. Multi-sensory is simply learning through the senses - touch, sound, sight, smell and taste. This is how children learn best. Actually it's how we ALL learn best. It is the most meaningful to them when they explore their worlds. So instead of learning letters by tracing them on a worksheet, kids can learn letters by fingerpainting them, writing their name with magnet letters, doing a rubbing of sandpaper letters, stamping letters, seeing them in environmental print, etc.

So if you would like ideas for a particular age group or subject, please let me know. I will post these by subject area and try to address multiple age levels. If you have ideas of your own, please share!If you know a parent or a teacher who might like these ideas, please share this with them! Please feel free to comment if you try these ideas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment